Wednesday, January 21, 2009

It turns out that this post is about malls.

January 20th, 2009

Tonight included an Obama Inaugural Party for Democrats of Asia at the “Salsa Havana” Club in the oldest hotel of Kuala Lumpur, with Kenyan food served and free salsa dance lessons... say what?


Who says that four months and four days into our journey our blog couldn’t become current? We are in Kuala Lumpur otherwise known as KL. It is in Malaysia... just in case you didn’t know... because I didn’t. Malaysia is underneath Thailand and above Singapore. We just came from Singapore. Singapore is an island that is a city/country... which didn’t make much sense at first but after being there for four days I kinda get it. It is totally different than Malaysia and has enough going on to claim it’s country-ship. Both of these cities are super modern and beat Denver’s transit on any day of the week. I have to say that Americans, specifically myself are clueless to how modern Asia really is.
In KL specifically they have the tallest buildings in the world (or second tallest to Dubai... Steve is still doing research),
they have malls that are 8 floors high... and in Singapore you literally will see more malls than you will see pieces of trash....It is crazy! Although I am not a big mall fan, I have to say that Singapore has the coolest mall I have ever seen. It is called Vivo City and it is fully loaded with a lake on the top level of the mall, restaurants with a view of the ocean, a Swiss market replica restaurant, and a ridding track for rolling horses and other various animals...I could go on but basically Asia kicks our ass at malls...


Stay tuned... Steve and I shook today on our next goal of the journey...that is all I am giving you for now!

3 comments:

Evan Turk said...

What on earth?! You're in Malaysia? It looks amazing!

Evan Turk said...

Also, the only reason I knew about the two tall buildings in Kuala Lumpur was because of "Entrapment" where Catherine Zeta-Jones and Sean Connery steal from them. Excellent movie. I love me some C-Zeta!

Unknown said...

The photograph of the towers is amazing.....C-Zeta Evan!!?!?! Definitely an excellent movie. Naner Naner Evan....I knew they were in Malaysia!!