Saturday, November 1, 2008

The views from Shimla...

Shimla is funny... it is like France and India put together. It also feels like Boulder with its fancy walking mall. It was a nice refreshing change from the heat below.

This is Anil he is our Indian Travel Agent. We met him through a long process of connections. Here it goes: I know Sunder from Boulder, She is marrying Hargobind, Hargobind has known Harman since he was young, Harman said I will have to get you in touch with my friends that I went to University with in Shimla, Narender is one of his friends and Anil is the other... Amazing to me the generosity that this one little connection created! The majority of our trip was planned our discussed with Anil... So if you are going to North India... I have a man for you! And the connection continues!
This is me making the trek up to the Monkey Temple. It was a good little hike!

Beautiful scenes as we hiked up higher and higher.
This adorable punk monkey would not stop staring us down... he was hilarious!
This monkey liked us. He let us take about 25 pictures while he made funny faces and funny noises and ate peanuts... sticking his tongue out at us was included!
I like em!
Wise monkey...
They asked me if they could have me take a picture with them?

He is contemplating his navel.
Just the normal way of moving crates of bottles... no problem!

We found our first real espresso coffee since we were in India. All over India the coffee is "Nescafe" or something along those lines... more sweet than coffee flavor :[ Notice the background... Yes that is a monkey!
Steve asking a policeman something.

Just another roadside attraction... with good lighting.

We are know the proud owner of an Indian cell phone!

If you enjoyed these pictures and want to see more click on one of the pictures to the right of the blog underneath flickr... There are loads more... this was a teaser!

No comments: